EDNA ADAN HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 13, 2014
The Edna Adan Hospital Foundation (“EAHF”) understands the importance of privacy. EAHF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization based in in Washington, D.C., that exists to raise awareness and increase support for the Edna Adan University Hospital (“Hospital”) located in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
1. Information We Collect About You
2. How We Use Your Information
3. How We Share Your Information
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
5. Third-Party Links
6. User-Generated Content
7. Security of My Personal Information
8. Access to My Personal Information
9. Marketing Communications
10. Children’s Privacy
11. Contact Us
12. Changes to this Policy
Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services may require the disclosure of personal information. The type of personal information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site and our Services. For example, to leave a comment on the Site or receive our newsletter, we will request your name and e-mail address. If you make a donation to EAHF, we will request your name, e-mail address, credit or debit card information, and billing information. We will also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as in an e-mail inquiry to us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information, such as the following, about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and/or other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; when you visited our Site; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to process your donations, and for other customer service purposes.
• To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; to offer personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site or Services.
• To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising and promotional purposes.
• To comply with applicable legal obligations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
• Users. Information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, reviews, comments and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
• Service Providers. We may disclose your information to vendors, service providers, contractors, agents, or other entities who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer your information to another entity.
• In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track. Our Site does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals. However, we do not track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
We invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and EAHF cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented security measures to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic informational or promotional emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com, (202) 292-3109, or Edna Adan Hospital Foundation, 1660 L Street, NW Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at www.ednafoundation.org/privacypolicy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.